We are excited to be back providing in person comprehensive eye care for our patients starting on June 3, 2020.
Our staff members have been working hard to get the office ready for your arrival. We have implemented many changes both inside the office and how we are conducting our exams. The information that follows is to help you know what to expect when you arrive at our office. There are a lot of new and updated procedures we would like you to become familiar with prior to your arrival for you to read about.
We have made many office policy changes, including new safety, cleaning and disinfecting changes, as well as changes in how we gather your information and conduct your exams. Our staff have been working hard with the safety of you, our patients in mind.
So here is what to expect:
- When you call the office to make an appointment we will ask you Corona virus related questions prior to your appointment. We will need your insurance information prior to the appointment. Be sure to have your card available during the phone call. We will discuss the options for the best way to make sure we have the insurance information ahead of time. This would be to use our patient portal by ‘clicking’ on the Personal Health Record button also known as the PHR on this page to the right. This will take you to the log in screen. We will inform you of your log in information when you call the office and how to send us the insurance information. You may also FAX a copy to us at (434) 591-0111.
We are offering TELEHEALTH visits as an option if you prefer not to come in the office at this time. We are sorry but we cannot do a refraction by telehealth to determine your eyeglasses prescription, this would require an in person office appointment.
We are seeing patients by appointment only. We have adjusted the patient schedule to limit the number of patients in the office at one time. At this time we are allowing only the patient to come into the office at the time of the exam unless the patient is a minor child or you are required to have a caregiver accompany you.
Please inform us of any special accommodation requests at the time of the phone call. We have carefully planned for staggered appointments to give individual service and to keep everyone safe. We appreciate your timely arrival in our parking lot to begin the interview process from your vehicle using your phone.
You will be required to wear a mask to your visit and throughout the entire visit. You must have it on at all times to enter the office for us to see you and provide your eyecare. We do have masks to provide to you if you do not have one. There is a nominal fee of $3.00 each to help offset the cost as the masks are in short supply and not readily available.
- When you arrive we will have you call the office to let the staff know you are in the parking lot. Our door will be locked, please remain in your car. Park close to the covered awning over our front entry door. Call the office (434) 591-0162. You will again be asked some COVID-19 related questions. If you have a fever or other symptoms that you may not be well please call us prior to coming for the appointment. After you call and let us know you have arrived and have your mask on a team member will come to your vehicle and take your temperature. If your temperature is normal we will let our tech know and they will call your phone to do your case history over the phone. When that is completed you will then be escorted into the office with your mask on. We are only allowing the patient with an appointment into the office. If a friend or family member has accompanied you to the office they will wait in your vehicle until you have completed the appointment.
- Our Safety Precautions for enhanced cleaning and disinfecting throughout the office have been updated. All equipment and any points of contact are thoroughly wiped down between each patient. The staff and doctors will be wearing masks, using face shields and gloves. We have added air purifiers and several plexiglass breath/ sneeze guards in the office to limit exposure with patient safety in mind. The staff will be conducting regular scheduled sanitizing of other areas of the office throughout each day such as door knobs, counters and restrooms. We would prefer patients take care of payments for services using credit cards or checks rather than cash. We have been working hard in the past two months to minimize the risks of infection for the staff and our patients.
- All optical visits including frame selection and adjustments are now by appointment only. Our staff is experienced with helping to guide you in viewing frame recommendations based upon your prescription from our doctor, face shape, complexion and personal style and desires. Each frame is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after any of the frames have been tried on. We look forward to partnering with you in this selection process to find the best new eyewear for your eye health and daily needs.
- We are still offering Curbside Pick up for eyeglasses and contact lenses that have been paid in full. Please call the office to make the time frame arrangements with our staff to coordinate how the process will work. If you are in need of a repair please call the office in advance to arrange for a time to drop off your eyeglasses for the repair to be done. There may be a small repair fee dependent on the complexity of the repair needed.
- It has been a long and trying time for all of us. We are glad to be back and look forward to caring for your vision care once again. Please be understanding that we will not be shaking hands or taking time for talking and catching up during the exam as we want to focus on the exam in the most timely manner for everyone’s safety. We will be wearing masks as well as our patients. We will try to show how glad we are to see our patients with our eyes as we once again help them see better too. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Ways to communicate with us below:
Phone (434) 591-0262
FAX (434) 591-0111
Patient portal through the website Personal Health Record to answer your pre-exam interview questions from the convenience of home on your computer, smart phone or tablet before coming in to the appointment. Answer all the way to 100% then log out for your answers to be recorded. We can help with log in username and password set up.
We have temporarily closed our office until June 3, 2020 according CDC recommendations to protect our staff, our patients, our city, our nation, and our planet. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same. Be sure to watch this space for additional information.
Together we will weather this storm.
We are calling all our scheduled appointments to make arrangements for future appointments. The practice is also offering telemedicine to address eye health concerns.
We are renewing any prescription medications as they expire in our electronic health record system.
We are able to take phone orders for contact lens purchases.
Please call 591-0262 and leave a message regarding any previously ordered eyeglasses or contact lenses to arrange mailing to your home.
To help our patients to stay away from emergency room visits, we are now offering telemedicine consults to address ocular problems or concerns while we are away from the office. If a concerning new problem is occurring that cannot wait until we resume patient care, please call 434-591-0262 and speak to the staff member who is there in the mornings. The problem will be relayed to the doctors who will contact you, preferably by Skype or FaceTime.
Medicare is covering telemedicine visits. Please note there will be a fee for these consults, which may be covered by other insurances. In addition, some problems will require an in person office visit and will still require us to make a referral.
Please also call the office for any ocular medications that need to be renewed. They can be renewed while we are out of the office. Our electronic health record system does let us know when they expire, so most should be automatically renewed by us. In addition we can renew contact lens prescriptions if it is running out while the office is closed.
We can take care of your contact lens ordering needs over the phone with payment from you and shipment directly to your home.
We have temporarily closed our office until April 1 according CDC recommendations to protect our staff, our patients, our city, our nation, and our planet. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm.
We are calling all our scheduled appointments to make arrangements.
We are renewing any prescription medications as they expire in our EHR.
Please call 591.0262 and leave a message regarding any previously ordered eyeglasses or contact lenses to arrange mailing to your home.
Our recommendation for emergencies: Please call UVA Ophthalmology between 8-5 at 924.5485.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health we remain at your service,
Drs. Vicki and Doug Weiss and staff
We are very excited to continue our Varilux Transitions Generation 8 Promotion into this new year. Please give us a call or stop by to learn how you can be eligible for a free pair of lenses when you experience the new Transitions Generation 8 Lenses. You can get further details about how this would work if you have Vision Service Plan please stop in.
Snow and sunshine can both create that bothersome roadway surface glare we also would like to inform you about how polarized prescription lenses would help to decrease this and provide that important ultraviolet protection.
We have Saturday hours on February 22, 2020 as well as our usual evening and early morning appointment times to suit your busy schedule.
The doctors have been providing comprehensive eye care for Fluvanna County, Louisa County and many Charlottesville area patients for over 20 years. Both doctors are accepting new patients at this time. Just give us a call (434) 591-0262
September is a great time of year to think about making an appointment for your comprehensive eye exam. Summer fun and activities have been winding down and we often are settling in to new routines with school, sports and planning our calendars.
Both Dr. Victoria M. Weiss and Dr. Douglas Weiss are accepting new patients and are grateful to have been in the same practice location for over 20 years! They have longstanding eye care relationships with their patients and welcome new patients of all ages to the practice.
We have a great selection of eyewear in all budget categories and fashion forward and traditional frame styles to browse and choose from. Let our optical staff guide you through the process. We welcome outside prescriptions as well and would be happy to find that perfect frame for you. If you have need for sport glasses or safety glasses we can be your one stop shopping experience.
Do not hesitate to call for an appointment or just stop in at your convenience.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook at WeissEyes Fluvanna and also on Instagram at weisseyes.
The Ultimate Lens Package Promotion is still in effect until the end of the year. This is a great value and we are pleased to be participating. This may be the perfect time to update your eyewear and consider that pair of sunglasses or lenses for your computer work. Stop in as we can chat about all the options. The Varilux X Design Lens has been well received by all our patients who have experienced the benefits. We also feature the EYEZEN lens for our single vision wearers. No appointment is needed to visit our Glasses Gallery.
If you have a Flexible Spending Account we can help you maximize your savings before the end of this year.
Holiday shopping please consider shopping locally. We have gift certificates for exams, contact lenses and and eyewear. You can specify the amount of the gift you would like to give to that special person on your list!
We would like to wish our patients the very best holiday season from all of us at Weiss Eyes. If you are in need of a gift for that someone special. We have gift certificates available in any amount that can be used for exams or new eyewear.
We have appointments times available through the end of 2017. If you have already met your medical deductible for 2017 this is a nice time to have your comprehensive eye exam. We would love to work with you if you have Flex Spending Account funds that need to be used before we turn the calendar to 2018 as well.
We are always updating our fashion frames and have a great selection of eyewear lenses to best suit your needs. Stop in at any time and our staff is pleased to visit with you in our Glasses Gallery for great style and the best solution for your everyday vision. Don’t forget sunglasses are an all year important need, not just a summer fashion accessory!
Visit us on Instagram at WeissEyes or on our Facebook page Weiss Eyes Fluvanna.
We accept many insurance plans and both Dr. Victoria M. Weiss and Dr. Douglas Weiss are accepting new patients.
Glad you found our website : be sure to stop back to visit often for updates and news!